Thursday, October 23, 2008

The tax haven debate - on TV

Daniel Mitchell of the Cato Institute, whom we have blogged several times recently, has taken part in a lively debate on France 24 international television, along with Alex Cobham of Christian Aid, Andreas Missbach of the Berne Declaration, and Jean Meckaert of the Comité Catholique contre la Faim et le Développement (CCFD.)

The debate, entitled "Should Tax Havens be Banned?" is in English. (Part II is here.) Enjoy.

An e-mail from someone who watched it said this:

"I think this was the real Dan Mitchell, as I interviewed him once myself, but otherwise I would have had trouble believing he was real, and not some comic impersonation. He argued for protection of the tiny number of people who happen to have a lot of money from what he calls `the tyranny of the majority'!! Well done France24, I wish the BBC would have this kind of debate."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home