Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Switzerland: top 100 international firms

A Swiss website has listed the top 100 international firms that use Switzerland for minimising their taxes. It's got some hefty names: General Motors, ArcelorMittal, Gazprom, AstraZeneca, Bank of China, Barclays, Citigroup - and many, many more behemoths. We can't vouch for the website but it looks to be a most useful list.

We note that Berkshire Hathaway in there. We don't know what it is doing in there, but on this evidence, Warren Buffett's famous statement that he doesn't use tax shelters looks odd.
("I have no tax planning. I don't have an-- I don't have a-- an accountant. I don't have tax shelters. I just follow what the U.S. Congress tells me to.")
Hat tip: Andreas Missbach

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely Berkshire Hathaway is listed as it has a shareholding in Nestle?

9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home