Canadians for Tax Fairness - Fair Tax Summit March 29 and 30, 2012
The program includes a key note address by Linda McQuaig, well known author and journalist, who has most recently co-authored with Neil Brooks the best selling book, The Trouble with Billionaires. She will speak about Building a Better Canada.
The program can be viewed by clicking on this link. It includes workshops on:
- Fair taxes and the environment
- Making taxes more progressive
- How to make corporations pay for all the services they get
- Getting value for your money
- Reforming municipal taxes
- How the tax system could help to reduce poverty and inequality,
- Tackling tax havens, and
- Provincial tax fairness campaigning.
Plenary sessions include:
- The political and economic context for fair tax campaigning.
- Public opinion on equality and taxes
- Framing the tax debate
- Beyond our borders, learning from global tax justice campaignsh
- An analysis of the federal budget: Are there alternatives to austerity?
- A call to action
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in French and English.
Canadians for Tax Fairness is organizing this conference in collaboration with the following co-sponsors: Canadian Association of University Teachers, CAW, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, Canadian Health Coalition, Canadian Labour Congress, Canadian Teachers' Federation, Canadian Union of Postal Workers, Canadian Union of Public Employees, Canada Without Poverty, Citizens for Public Justice, Halifax Initiative, Inter Pares, KAIROS, National Pensioners and Senior Citizens Federation, National Union of Public and General Employees, Oxfam Canada, Public Service Alliance of Canada, SEIU Canadian Council, and the United Steelworkers Union.
The conference will be limited to 150 participants (we already have over 110 registrations) so register right away to be sure to get a spot.
For more information contact Sofia Samper at: firstname.lastname@example.org