Africa Tax Spotlight - 7th edition
* the recent Oxfam report on mobilising domestic resources;
* the Mars Group's plans for strengthening democracy and accountability in Kenya;
* an exploration of the contradictory positions of Switzerland, a stable democracy which for many decades has provided a secure bolthole for dictators, kleptocrats and all sorts of bottom-feeders;
* an opinion piece on how strengthened tax regimes in a variety of African countries might yield long-term benefits to poorer households;
* an in-depth investigation into how development aid funding to Africa is routed through a variety of secrecy jurisdictions;
* a profile of the Southern and Eastern African Trade Information and Negotiation Institute (SEATINI);
* feedback from the following meetings:-
- a regional workshop on the financing of education in Bujumbura, Burundi, 11-15 July 2011;
- a roundtable discussion on harmful tax competition in East Africa, Nairobi, 27-28 July 2011;
- the first annual general meeting of TJN-Africa, Nairobi, 29 July 2011;
- a national conference on tax justice in Kenya, Nairobi, 23 August 2011.
You can download the 7th edition of Africa Tax Spotlight here.